Author: Luisa Perkins
•10:01 AM
I love my blog friends; I think about you more frequently than perhaps you would like. But there are only two of you that have appeared in my dreams (so far). Oddly enough, one of these two has dreamed about me as well. Stephen King-influenced mystical type that I am, I tend to pay attention to these kinds of things.

Dawn of Colours of Dawn is one of these dream co-stars; the other is her husband, "yarn magnate" Sirdar. In honor of them, above are the colors of my dawn just this morning.

I first noticed Dawn and Sirdar hanging about making astute and witty comments on Radioactive Jam's blog, but it wasn't until I dreamed about them

all I remember is that we were on some 'team' together, fighting evil by the light of Victorian gaslamps; it was all very Neil Gaiman-esque

that I took myself their way to visit. What a couple of treats. Dawn and Sirdar are the parents of four kids; they live on acreage in Alberta, Canada. They homeschool, garden on a large scale, and host fabulous-looking events like pig roasts for their friends and family. Dawn also regularly posts scrumptious recipes (take it from me--I've tried them); all these things cause me to admire this power couple greatly.

Dawn suggested that I create a photo rebus (like the cool one she made a while back) for the NaBloPoMo Scavenger Hunt. Mine isn't nearly as elaborate or clever, but the kids were excited to help. Can you guess from the photos which classic pop song is running through my head as we bid farewell to both National Blog Posting Month and National Novel Writing Month?



Give up? Here's a helpful link.
This entry was posted on 10:01 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

14 comments:

On 30/11/07 , Jenna said...

Such a cute idea! I've heard you talk about both of these friends...maybe I'll have to head over and introduce myself. You do, after all, have great taste in friends.

Tess' hair is growing back!

 
On 30/11/07 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That is so sweet! I'm going to miss your daily posts so much!

 
On 30/11/07 , anjmae said...

I think those are the only lyrics to the entire song, right?
I cannot believe how much these three have grown up! cute, cute, cute!
Farewell to a month well done!

 
On 30/11/07 , Brillig said...

1. So frickin brackin cute I could just die.

2. I dreamed about you last night, so this is kinda freaking me out. I dreamed about you and a bunch of other bloggers, plus my visiting teacher, plus my choir director who I was, apparently, in love with. Apparently. Hahaha. I don't really remember the details except that there was LOTS OF DRAMA between my bloggy friends and I was trying to solve it all while maintaining a somewhat scandalous relationship with my choir director. Okay, I'm disclosing way too much here. Moving on...

3. Is it Crazy Pants Day at your house today? Hahaha. I see lots of fun patterns and colors... Love it!

4. Congrats! You successfully completed NaBloBlahBlahBlah!

 
On 30/11/07 , Lauren said...

Cute as can be!

We had that same sunrise over at our house. I tried to take a picture too, but it was so fleeting that our camera, which is older than me, couldn't catch it.
Glad someone did. It was to wonderful to miss.

 
On 30/11/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Jenna, you and Dawn will totally click.

Kim, I'll pay you later for your fabulous cheerleading. Thanks.

Anj, actually there are a ton of other lyrics. But I don't think anyone except the band knows them.

Brill, every day is Crazy Pants day Chez Les Perkins. I love that I was in your dream, you scandalous wench!

Alice, I'm glad you caught the sunrise in person. It was way better than in the photo.

 
On 30/11/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, you really did the daily post thing like a trooper!

The kids are adorable.

 
On 30/11/07 , Sirdar said...

I feel honoured to be honoured in a post, especially one where someone had a dream and I was in it. That is cool!!

I always enjoy your posts...even though sometimes they are way out of my league...especially the ones about authors. But, I learn something and that is why I enjoy coming back.

Glad to have you as a blog friend!!

 
On 1/12/07 , painted maypole said...

i love the nylons version of this song

but these visuals...rock.

and how glad am i that this month is over? very.

 
On 1/12/07 , Dawn said...

Wow, what a great post. I would say, the best one this month. Okay, I am shaded by seeing my name in print, I am looking at things threw coloured lenses, and I am feeling a little celebrity. I do like your rebus. Through the month, I was thinking I submitted some idea, but couldn't for the life of me think what it was, or if I was just dreaming I submitted an idea. Now I remember. Thanks for the kind and wonderful words. Sorry my dream of you was much less exotic than that of Brillig, having you as our church librarian. I am in no way insinuating you are dour or drab, just a fount of knowledge to drink from regularly. Keep up the good work. I heart Jenna, by the way.

 
On 1/12/07 , Maddy said...

A lovely collection, whichever way you look at it.
Cheers

 
On 1/12/07 , Bill C said...

I like it! Where's that ranking button? Wait, that's cre8buzz. Still - I give it a ten.

 
On 1/12/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Wooohooo! Congrats on making it through the month--and with style!

 
On 4/12/07 , Anonymous said...

You did it! You made it through the month! I think I did the least amount of posts that I have ever done. Great job!