Author: Luisa Perkins
•10:02 AM
...for I have found that which I had lost.

On a search of the basement for our splitting wedges, I found the photo that I wanted to put with this post.

I also found a hashed recording of the song that my pal D. Fletcher and I wrote years ago for the Divine Miss N's arrival; you can listen to it here, if you like (sorry in advance about the ads).

Here are the words (D. wrote the gorgeous music, and Jeff Hardy, Jonathan Austin, and Patrick sang it at N's blessing):

"New Birth"
(For N.)

In the snow, a Lily blooms,
Its warmth belies the frost;
It waits for one to shelter it
Regardless of the cost.
Through the mist, its fragrance swells
And softens winter's air;
Breathe it in, and learn the way
To Heaven's gardens fair.

In the gloom, a candle burns,
Though brightly, all unseen;
It lights the way to happiness
For those with eyes more keen.
Through the storm, that beacon shines
With beams of radiant gold;
Follow it, not looking back,
And haven safe behold.

In the waste, a fountain springs
Though bracken thorns conceal;
The rocky path is worth the pain
The parchèd soul to heal.
Through the drought, this river flows
Its water, living grace;
Come, drink of it, and find anew
Home's compassing embrace.

(Chorus) Hope...Light...Love...
The seeds, yet deep, will bear.
And soon the hour when forth will flow'r
Their gifts, so fine and rare.

(Bridge) Every heart's a broken circle that longs to be complete.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet found the splitting wedges. The search goes on....
This entry was posted on 10:02 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On 26/6/07 , Jenna said...

Oh, I'm so glad you found it! That really is an incredible photo--you in your glorious baby chub, and your stunning mother. Your children look so much like you.

 
On 27/6/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Happy, happy! Gorgeous picture, too. I'm so glad you found it!

 
On 27/6/07 , Unknown said...

I love old pictures like this. I'll be posting a few soon, too. Have some from way back that stir the imagination and bring ancestors to life.

Enjoyed the song/poem, by the way. Thanks for sharing.

 
On 28/6/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Thanks, all! I am very fond of that song. My fantasy is that Donny Osmond will somehow hear it and want to record it for his next album....