Author: Luisa Perkins
•5:27 PM
If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you'll remember that I often reference my tip-top-tier friend, Kara. I met her a couple of years ago at the reception following a Kindergarten Sing-Along; our Hope and her daughter Grace were classmates and good buddies. Hope and Grace: an auspicious beginning, no?

Minutes into our initial conversation, I knew that this was someone I badly wanted as my friend. I normally don't make friends easily, but Kara and I seemed to click right away. I went home and tried to figure out how best to impress her with my coolness and panache.

Somehow (probably despite my somewhat transparent machinations), over the next few months, we did indeed start to bond. It turns out we have an awful lot in common. She's a writer; she's a gardener; she knits; she's a geek (and I write that intending it as the highest of compliments); she thinks long and hard about a wild variety of subjects. As teenagers, I think we would have been inseparable.

Even better, our children all like each other and get along, and our husbands enjoy each other's company. As Patrick would say, "It's the Trifecta."

Kara is one of those rare people who has dramatically improved the quality of my life; she probably has little idea just how much her friendship has blessed me. Okay, I have to stop now; I'm getting a little verklempt.

All this to say: Kara has recently started her own blog, and it's very much worth your time. Her initial few posts pack intellectual punch leavened with generous amounts of humor. She's very smart, but never takes herself too seriously (the tragic flaw of so many brilliant people). Please go visit her and cheer her on; you won't be sorry you did.

Congratulations, Kara! I can't wait for more.
This entry was posted on 5:27 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 5/6/07 , Anonymous said...

Luisa,

You are too, too sweet. The verklemptitude is decidedly mutual. Thanks for all your encouragement.

XOXOXOXO

 
On 5/6/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

A friend of yours will surely be a friend of mine! I'm heading over to her blog now.

 
On 6/6/07 , Brillig said...

Very cool! I'm on my way over there right now!!!