Author: Luisa Perkins
•7:33 AM
Yesterday was a notable mail day. It's so odd how interesting mail comes in bunches, with long dry spells in between. I guess the droughts make me appreciate the good mail days all the more.

First, Molly sent me a package of yarn from Paris. The color perfectly matches the pink yarn I bought in Paris over six years ago, which is no small miracle. Now I can finish Arietta worry-free! Thank you, Molly, and thank you, Carmen! I owe you both big time.


Next came my prize for winning Radioactive Jam's Haiku Contest. It's an original cartoon depicting Bucky, the famous Titanium Spork! I love it. I can't wait to get it framed and hang it in my office. Thanks, RaJ!

And now for the ugly:Oh, Mitt. I am so very sorry. Though we share a faith and several ancestors, there's absolutely no way I'll be supporting you in next year's Presidential Election. You see, I do not agree that it is time to pick up where Ronald Reagan left off.

I'm sure you understand. Many of my readers may be fans of yours, so I'll say no more, except for one helpful hint. You might have your people do better research as to mailing list candidates, so as to save both money and trees.

Yes, Mitt. Trees. Ahh, I sense realization dawning. Your suspicions are true: I'm one of those people.




Updated: Some good email this morning! I just found out that I won The Rising Blogger Award for the day. Fun! Thank you, Judd; I'm in some very good company.


This entry was posted on 7:33 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 comments:

On 22/6/07 , Bill C said...

You're welcome. Glad the postal monkeys didn't hijack it.
:-)

 
On 22/6/07 , Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on the Post of the Day! You deserve it (see, I can spell that word...)!

My mother-in-law is excited about Mitt. But then again, she believes George W. Bush is handsome, so hard to take any of those opinions seriously.

 
On 22/6/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

Unexpected swag in the mail is the best!

 
On 22/6/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Ugh. I've gotten a bunch of that ugly mail myself, and some of it is my fault. I had a friend working for him bully me into pledging, so I put up (and paid) a measely five bucks. Mitt's people have been hounding me ever since to 1) pay up (which I already did) and 2) to pay more (which I can guarantee I never will). His campaign has spent more on staff, paper, envelopes, and postage than I coughed up to begin with. No amount of scrawling across the top, "I've already paid! Take me off your lists!" seems to get the message through. I've learned my lesson.

 
On 22/6/07 , Jennifer said...

It is a small world. I navigated here via Amanda (specifically via the meme), and I grew up just across the river from where you live! (Middletown-cum-Garnerville.) I live in the south now, but still. Weird.

(Also: I'm with you on Mr. Gore...)

 
On 22/6/07 , Melessa Gregg said...

Yup! My non-member mom and I just had a huge spat over good old Mitt. Funny thing is, she was on his side. (At least I'm a convert and he can't get all "but we're family" on me.)

 
On 22/6/07 , Brillig said...

I find myself getting into fights over Mitt all the time. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but politically we could not possibly agree. On anything. And since I live in Utah and am of that same faith that you mention, I find myself an outsider, to say the least! Glad to have you--a friend who understands these things!!!!!

And congrats on the award! Well-deserved, I should say!

 
On 23/6/07 , Unknown said...

This blog page is one of my favorites. Thanks for the daily chuckle. And congratulations on that award.

I'm a green person, too. Seems many Utah folk haven't yet caught on to greenness and organicness (new word?). We went back to England last year and I was amazed how much organically grown produce there was in ordinary stores. Ordinary as opposed to health stores. I look forward to the day when I can go into Reams and ask the produce section guy for organically grown apples and not be told “No one buys them, so we don’t sell them.” So what am I supposed to do? Get a petition or something? "Go Greenies!" says I.

 
On 23/6/07 , Anonymous said...

You are so impressive with your knitting! I think about trying it and then I remember who I am -- I can't even sew a button on...

This post ended so funny I just loved it--you made me laugh so hard! It's so lonely being one of those people!:)

 
On 23/6/07 , Lucy Stern said...

I suppose you are a "save the whales" gal too....Hummmm....

 
On 23/6/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Oh, yes, Lucy; I'm afraid so. Whales, pandas, owls--pretty much the whole ark.

Thanks for visiting!

 
On 25/6/07 , Jenna said...

Congrats on the award! You should win every single day!