Author: Luisa Perkins
•1:00 PM

Daniel asks me every day whether his new sweater is done yet. I'm hoping to have it done by this weekend so that he can wear it to Hope's baptism. Spring is coming, but I've made the sweater large enough (I hope) that he'll be able to wear it in the fall as well.

Kristi Porter's Haiku pattern is really fun and easy; the only very slight pain has been keeping the panel of box stitch that runs along the top of the sleeve distinct from the surrounding garter--and that has everything to do with my attention and nothing to do with the design itself.
When I went to get more yarn for Haiku, Penelope actually did have more of the dye lot of the blue Filatura di Crosa Primo, but by the time I got to Knittingsmith, I was wedded to the idea of finishing the sweater in a contrasting color. I love the English Mustard against the Royal Blue--very boyish.

Also featured above are the scrap hats I recently finished. It has been nice to have a couple of extra hats in the hall closet, for when someone's favorite has been left at school or gotten soaked in a snowball fight.

The one on the left is mostly Malabrigo, (leftover from the many Coronet hats I've made this winter), with some nameless purple wool from deep in the stash on top; the one on the right is the last of the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran I bought when I made the Yoked Pullover from the Fall 2003 issue of Interweave Knits. Norah Gaughan used Lite Lopi in the published design, but the Cashmerino worked great, and I wear that sweater all the time.

Speaking of Interweave, they are launching something that looks fun...I've signed up, so we'll see what turns up in my email inbox in the spring.
This entry was posted on 1:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: