Author: Luisa Perkins
•7:36 AM

Old friends and family, bear with me while I thoroughly enjoy myself at the 5 Minutes for Mom Blog Party. I've met some really neat people so far, and we have several days left to celebrate. Clearly, we need some more refreshments.

The hilarious Pezmama, along with supercrafty Jess, expressed interest in the Chocolate Drop Dead Cookie recipe. Actually, several guests at Hope's baptism on Saturday also asked for it. So, if I'm not very much mistaken, here it is:

Chocolate Drop Dead Cookies
(adapted (since I can't for the life of me leave a recipe alone) from The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook)
2 1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 2/3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
3 tb. milk
1 tb. (yes, a whole tablespoon) vanilla
1 10-oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips

Combine the first four ingredients and set them aside. Cream the butter and sugars for 3 minutes on high speed in the mixer. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the milk and the vanilla. At low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips. Drop the dough by spoonfuls on cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for a minute, then transfer to racks.
Don't burn your tongue (like I did); take a walk outside or something to give them time to cool before you try them! They are very best with a glass of 'fresh milk from the farm,' as my kids like to say. If you try these, let me know what you think.
This entry was posted on 7:36 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

On 5/3/07 , Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

Hi there,

thanks for posting to my blog! I just joined the party a bit late but am hoping to add some new links to my blog and make some new blog friends. it is also wonderful to hear someone else who understands SID like I do. ;)

Jenna
aka The cheerio queen

 
On 5/3/07 , Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

YUM! Thanks for the recipe!

 
On 5/3/07 , Kelly @ Love Well said...

Holy Cow! What a recipe. (And the holy cow would be me after I finished eating way too many of those cookies!)

Thanks for the comment on my blog. (Which you made when I had barely finished posting, by the way. How fast are you?!?) And thanks for the encouraging words about my miscarriage. God's tenderhearted healing is so evident to me, even (just) seven days out. I truly trust His plan, even when I don't like it that much, because I know (read: have experienced) that He always knows best.

 
On 5/3/07 , PEZmama said...

Are you egging me on?

No, clearly you would not be so brazen at this early stage of our relationship. Had you been egging me on you would have called them "Chocolate Drop *Mostly* Dead Cookies."

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

 
On 5/3/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Doh! Pezmama, I bow my head in defeat. I now am re-naming the cookie recipe yet AGAIN.

 
On 5/3/07 , Alli said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be back!

 
On 6/3/07 , Melissa H. said...

Yummy cookies! Thanks for sharing the great party food.

 
On 6/3/07 , velocibadgergirl said...

HEE!! A Princess Bride quote will win me over every time!

I surfed over from a comment you left on my blog. Thanks for the visit!

Your site looks pretty spiffy so far :D

 
On 9/3/07 , Brandie said...

Oh my! I am in LOVE With the Princess Bride! I say too often Anybody want a peanut ... very few people seem to know where it's from.
Anyway,stopping by for the party! Have a great day.