Author: Luisa Perkins
•8:12 AM
The party seems to be winding down (or at least passing me by). But I'll keep with the theme until it's officially over tomorrow. As I've traveled around the bloggerhood for the first time this week, I've noticed that many people post lists from time to time. It seemed like a worthy exercise, so I thought I'd give it a try (well, I tried it for the first time yesterday).

Bothersome:
1) No one seems to know the difference between 'lie' and 'lay.'
2) No one seems to care. This is far worse than 1).
3) No one understands my love of the smell of skunk.
4) I have acne at the age of 40.
5) My basement is a dungeon, yet I don't clean it.
6) Hobo spiders
7) FlyLady is great, but I'd rather do housework the Samantha Stevens way.
8) The food at Taco Bell doesn't taste good to me anymore. Has it changed, or have I?
9) Though I am a fast reader, writer, and knitter, I wish I were much faster.
10) The abominable smell of the otherwise miraculous cream that healed the cracks in my fingertips overnight

Rantworthy:
1) The mess that is the war in Iraq
2) Aspartame, sucralose, and the entire diet industry
3) Socially acceptable addictions: careers, coffee, shopping, TV, etc.
4) No one, not even the Left, realizes that there is a Religious Left.
5) Muffin tops--why, people why?
6) Rampant consumerism-my own included-(a subset of 3))
7) Not enough people are listening to what Al is saying.
8) Not enough people are doing anything about it.
9) Not enough people believe that what he's saying is true.
10) The prime directive of an overwhelming number of businesses has gone from providing goods, services, and/or civic functions to kowtowing to shareholders.

Funniest ever:
1) The people who live in my house
2) Carmen Trevino. And Jen Klonsky. Especially when they are together.
3) Jon Stewart
4) Will Ferrell
5) The Upside Down Show
6) Monty Python
7) The Freshman
8) The Kirk Poland Memorial Bad Prose Competition
9) E.F. Benson's 'Lucia' series
10) Jasper Fforde's 'Thursday Next' series

Things that make me whisper, "Allahu akbar":
1) Grace
2) Patrick's smile
3) The light in my children's eyes
4) The gloaming
5) Chocolate lace cake. Mrs. Leibowitz's chopped liver with gribenes.
6) A new book by an author I love
7) Cold water for drinking, hot water for bathing
8) Symphony No. 5 by Ralph Vaughan Williams
9) My garden
10) This poem. And this one.
This entry was posted on 8:12 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On 8/3/07 , PEZmama said...

I don't know if I use lie/lay properly because I don't think I realized "lay" is a form of "to lie."

But I do know that I don't know when to use "which" and "that."

 
On 8/3/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

'Which/that' is tough. I could point you to a good resource if you are interested.

 
On 8/3/07 , Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Taco Bell Food, The Upside Down Show, and Will Ferrell! Thanks for visiting us!

 
On 9/3/07 , Jenna said...

Well, sorry, but add me to the list of people who don't understand your love of skunk smell. That was a new one.

And I agree about Taco Bell, except that when I was pregnant with Conor I couldn't get enough of their Fiesta Taco Salad.

And I remember well our Hobo Spider event during my visit. Yuck.

 
On 13/3/07 , Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on many of these, but especially about Carmen Trevino being one of the funniest people ever. So true!