Author: Luisa Perkins
•11:15 AM
I was the winner of a crafty little meme quiz put together by the inestimable Radioactive Jam; my prize was being tagged. Hurray! RaJ knows how much I love memes. This one requires that I inform you of Eight Random Things About Me.

Hmm…this is harder than it sounds, since I’ve been writing this blog for about a year, regularly dispensing random information about me all the while. It seems I may have reached the bottom of the randomness barrel. Scraping, scraping….

1. I want to go on a trip to Antarctica for my 50th birthday. I’ve got a little over nine years to plan and save up for it. Hopefully it will still be there.

2. I don’t like candy corn.

3. Here’s how I rank the various James Bonds, best to worst: Sean Connery, Daniel Craig, Pierce Brosnan, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton. The first three really are neck and neck.

4. I think my leftover pasta sauce tastes great served over cottage cheese. In fact, that’s what I’m having for lunch today.

5. The first opera I ever saw was Puccini's La Fanciulla del West.

6. I love to snorkel. But I’m not sure I ever want to learn to scuba dive.

7. I’d rather be a forest than a street.

8. When I was in third grade, I was Carden School’s Spelling Bee Champion. The winning word was ‘lightening.’ The eighth grader who came in second was unaware that ‘lightning’ has a homophone. It’s all about the usage.

Whom shall I tag? How about new bloggy pals James Dashner, Piper, Alice, and Mary? Will you play?

This entry was posted on 11:15 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

16 comments:

On 9/10/07 , piper said...

I'll play your game, you rouge!

Expect post-tastic indulgence from Piper of Love this evening.

 
On 9/10/07 , James Dashner said...

I did it. I made them as stupid as possible.

 
On 9/10/07 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

James comment has me eager to read his next.

You're antartic ambitions leave me feeling confuzzled. But our symmetry on the James Bond issue gives me hope for our friendship.

 
On 9/10/07 , anjmae said...

I'm sad about the candy corn--I like the ones made with honey best and then frozen. I eat them in the fall only and usually until I cannot stand the sight of them. But I also eat things over cottage cheese such as my spicy eggplant...

 
On 9/10/07 , Anonymous said...

Did you throw up candy corn one too many times as a kid? :) I love the stuff!
But I am so with you on Sean Connery being THE BEST Bond. In fact, I've never been all into crushing on the stars or whatever but Sean Connery was and is the sexiest Hollywood star alive in my opinion.

 
On 9/10/07 , Anonymous said...

It gets cold enough here for me. I would rather see somewhere warm. I would rather have other things rather than candy corn. I haven't tried pasta sauce over cottage cheese, but I guess it would be a little like having cottage cheese in lasagna. I am not fond of being water so snorkeling and scuba diving are out. Sinking is more my style thus the reason I prefer not to be in water. That is pretty cool about the spelling bee.

 
On 9/10/07 , Anonymous said...

Well...at least we don't have to guess which ones are true and which ones aren't. I like your Antarctica when you are 50 trip. Great idea. However, I have never been on a cruise. I think for my 50th that is what I want to do. Maybe a Panama Canal cruise. I bet Dawn will come with me too :-)

Great list.

 
On 10/10/07 , An Ordinary Mom said...

Candy corn is not my thing. Neither is beef jerky!

 
On 10/10/07 , Momo Fali said...

Yes, a forest...that would be nice. Pasta sauce over cottage cheese? I'm not so sure.

 
On 10/10/07 , Jenna said...

Sigh. I love candy corn. But it must be eaten properly: bite off the white tip, then the yellow layer, and finally the orange layer. Do not mix layers.

I have never tried cottage cheese. I feed it to my baby, but the thought of it is so repulsive to me A) because of my thighs, and B) because as a kid we would have to round up dishes left throughout the house to be washed, and inevitably there was a cup of milk that had curdled left on a shelf somewhere.

I know you already have a travel buddy for Antarctica, but if I was rich, I would so be all over that trip with you.

 
On 10/10/07 , painted maypole said...

I would also rather be a forrest. ;) And funny you would post about Opera today... I just posted about my first rehearsals for my first ever opera performance (ack!)

 
On 10/10/07 , Tristi Pinkston said...

Good for you on hating candy corn. Candy corn haters of the world, unite!!

 
On 10/10/07 , cadiz12 said...

wow, homemade pasta sauce over cottage cheese? interesting. i've only ever had it with fruit. i'll have to give that a try.

 
On 12/10/07 , Bill C said...

Wait. A forest? Then no one would ever be able to see you. We'd all be like, I can't see the forest for--

*ahem*

Still, can't say I'd like people's cars dripping oil all over me, either.

 
On 18/10/07 , Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I hate candy corn. Ugh. What a waste of sugar!

 
On 20/10/07 , Anonymous said...

Not fond of the candy corn either. Hey we have something in common. LOL