Author: Luisa Perkins
•9:30 AM

If idle hands are the devil's workshop, I should be demon-free for the next several weeks. We've got all kinds of doings on the agenda here at the Perkins Homestead. Here's an update on activities recently past and in the immediate future.

Saturday I had huge success tracking down details about my cousin Albert Vanderveer (above) and his family. When I work on genealogy, I feel like a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Lara Croft. Just can't get enough.

My favorite living writer, Mark Helprin, had an Op-Ed published in yesterday's New York Times. Read it here while it's still free. It's so great to read something non-fiction of his that I agree with; he and I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Today a certain sweet toddler turns three. I'll be making my famous Chocolate Lace Cake in his honor this afternoon (I'll post photos tomorrow).

What with the cake, the Weed Dragon, the Trek, the book, not to mention Little League, dance, the piano recital, and several Memorial Day social engagements, I'd better get on the stick right away. I'll be back soon!

This entry was posted on 9:30 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On 21/5/07 , Anonymous said...

I would like to see you make the cake with the Weed Dragon.

I am convinced you only sleep 3 hours a night.

 
On 21/5/07 , Bill C said...

Happy birthday to the certain toddler! Three! Whee!

 
On 21/5/07 , Jenna said...

I'm exhausted for you just reading this. You ARE amazing after all. I knew it. Loved the Helprin editorial.

Happy Birthday, Dear Daniel!

 
On 21/5/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on!

 
On 23/5/07 , Anonymous said...

Yay for Albert! Wow, an autographed picture and everything.