Author: Luisa Perkins
•9:47 PM

Here are some flowers from my yard for you in honor of Mother's Day. The lilacs make the whole house smell heavenly. I hope your day was as great as mine was!

Mine started off with ambrosial French toast made by my personal chef. Church was lovely: the kids sang and I got appropriately misty. Bonus: all the moms scored charming little boxes of fabulous See's candy! It's hard to get in the Northeast, so it was doubly treasured even as I scarfed it down.

I received handmade items: sweet cards, a beautiful tissue paper corsage, and bright paper lilies that now grace my dresser. My very exciting gift from the family was my very own Weed Dragon! I cannot wait to flame all the dandelions and plantains in the entire yard. It might even be able to vanquish the dreaded ground ivy. I'm raring to go.

In the late afternoon, my personal chef fired up the grill and made his patent-pending Boursin Burgers. I drool at the memory. Really: Patrick makes the best burgers in the universe; even his regular cheeseburgers are better than any others I've ever tasted.

The weather was perfect--cool breezes, warm sun, brilliant azure sky--truly fit for a queen. I'll toddle off to bed now feeling pampered and special. Thanks, guys!
This entry was posted on 9:47 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On 13/5/07 , Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! What a great day you had!

Glad to hear it was special and you felt pampered. That means more than anything.

We got huge Hershey's Symphony bars for our Mother's Day gift this year. :)

 
On 14/5/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm glad you had a great day!

 
On 14/5/07 , Jenna said...

Aren't you lucky? No, deserving! Funny, out here in CA we got those same little boxes of See's candies! I'd forgotten! Now to go get it out of my church bag and scarf it down as well!

Oh, and I see you're reading Life of Pi...Many people keep telling me to read that one too. One of these days. :)

 
On 14/5/07 , Anonymous said...

How are you enjoying Life of Pi? So glad you got to endulge in Sees candies -- THE BEST!

 
On 15/5/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

RJL, I'm really liking it. It's pretty magical. Have you read it yet?