Author: Luisa Perkins
•2:08 PM
I know that panic and other strong emotions tend to bring out the California in me, but seriously. Dude. Where is it?

I last remember seeing it last Saturday--I think. Life is a blur when you are on deadline.

It's making me a little nutty. (Okay, nuttier.) Of course, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and while I always want to knit, anxiety is bringing on a downright craving.

I'm usually very organized and have great visuospatial memory. When Patrick can't find his glasses or his wallet or his keys, I almost always know exactly where they are. Essential things like my knitting bag have specific places where I put them; this is a fact upon which we all have relied in this household. Until now.

First that photo goes missing, then my all-important knitting bag. I'm worried that next to go will be my mind. Dude....

It's time for a hard-target search.
This entry was posted on 2:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On 10/5/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

I think I would lose my mind if I couldn't find my knitting bag... luck to you!

 
On 10/5/07 , Bill C said...

Okay I'm sorry but you totally destroyed my concentration with this post title. It's just *so* ... incongruous. And somehow that transforms into extra funny in my mind.

Disclaisure: I've never seen the movie and it *still* has this effect on me.

 
On 10/5/07 , Anonymous said...

okay, just like chill, it will like turn up, so just, you know, breathe. You'll get to that deadline -- and everything will show up--keep at it, you're doing great.

 
On 11/5/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Thanks, you guys. I found it!

RaJ, I am complimented, because for me, incongruity = hilarity.

 
On 11/5/07 , Bill C said...

Definitely the hilarious flavor of incongruous here.

 
On 12/5/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Relief! So glad you found it! Now, two things: 1) WHERE did you find it? (I GOTTA know) and 2) How close are you to your deadline? You WILL make it, right? RIGHT?! And when you do, what are you going to reward yourself with? Oops. That's 3 things.

 
On 13/5/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Annette:

1)This is embarrassing--there is a big pile of stuff under my desk that is waiting for 16 May. The bag was at the bottom.

2)I'm close, but I don't know whether I will make it. I'll give it my all!

3) a) Read Shadowplay, the new Tad Williams book;
b) Plant all my seedlings and a bunch of lily and snowdrop bulbs;
c) Get a pedicure!