Author: Luisa Perkins
•11:31 AM
I saw this cute meme on Suzanne's and TXMommy's blogs. Why not join in the fun?

1) What are your Easter traditions? On Easter itself, we go to church, sing in the choir, then come home for a big family dinner. This year, Patrick is speaking in Sacrament Meeting, so it will be an extra special Sunday.

During Holy Week, we have two non-LDS traditions that are dear to me. The first is Passover Seder with our friends the Leibowitzes. Tonight will be my 17th seder with them; Patrick has been celebrating Passover with them since he was in college. Can't wait!

The second is Tenebrae service at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. This year it is being held on Wednesday; I'm trying to work out my schedule so that I can go. Though I am not Episcopalian, I find Tenebrae incredibly evocative of the events and feelings around Christ's Atonement. During the service, St. John's choir sings Tallis's haunting Lamentations of Jeremiah, one of my favorite pieces of sacred music. The service is always wonderful, and I come away pondering Christ's many gifts to us.

2) What is your favorite Easter dish? Roast Leg of Lamb and homemade French Fries

3) When did you learn the truth about the Easter Bunny? Sad story: It was December; I had just turned nine (yikes). Mom broke the news that she was really Santa. I was furious, and replied sarcastically, "I suppose the next thing you'll tell me is that you're the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, too." The look of panic on her face told me everything I needed to know. Sorry, Mom; I'm sure it was a traumatic experience for you, too.

4) How do you decorate for Easter? Huh?

5) How many Easter Egg hunts does your family participate in? Just one. My father-in-law hides the eggs around the house and keeps a meticulous list of where they all are.

6) What is your favorite flavor of jelly bean? Jelly Belly Sour Cherry

7) How do you decorate Easter eggs? When we do it at all, it's with the regular old PAAS kit. The irony is that before we had kids, I had a bit of a Martha Stewart phase, and I got really fancy with the eggs then. For better or for worse, that phase has passed. We don't decorate eggs every year. We also don't carve jack-o-lanterns every year.

8) Do you make/buy special outfits for your kids on Easter? I used to buy matching polo shirts for the boys. Last year I bought matching dresses for the girls and myself because Hanna Andersson was having a massive sale. Since they still fit us, we'll wear them again this year.

9) What are your favorite Easter hymns and/or choir arrangements? This Joyful Eastertide

10) Do you spend Easter at home, on vacation, or with family? At home with family

11) Do you make deviled eggs out of leftover Easter eggs? I make deviled eggs whenever possible. They are one of my favorite foods.

12) Are you tired of eggs by the end of the Easter season? No.

13) Are Peeps good or gross? Peeps are a sure sign of the impending Apocalypse. I'm not kidding.

14) What company makes the best Easter chocolate? Lindt--their Spring Truffles ROCK.

15) Do you find plastic Easter grass hidden in places for months after Easter is over? No; it is banned from my house. Here's what my deprived family gets for Easter: one basket for the whole family (lined with some paper shred) containing Lindor balls and a few jelly beans to share, and one book for each person.

That's it! Everyone reading is tagged; if you participate, leave me a comment so that I can come visit you.
This entry was posted on 11:31 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On 2/4/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Criminey. That means I'm tagged. Fun list, by the way! I had never heard of Lindt Easter chocolate, but ANYTHING created by Lindt is divine, so I take your word for it, and now I must seek it out and devour some.

Good move on banning Easter grass. I'm one of the idiots who lets it into the house and is still finding in around Labor Day.

 
On 2/4/07 , Lana said...

jelly belly's must be a favorite of everyone's!
Books for Easter are great :)
Thanks for playing.

 
On 2/4/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

I think Peeps are the demise of the world as well...

 
On 3/4/07 , Suzanne said...

Thanks for playing! I loved getting to read your list. Thanks for visiting my blog too! :)