Author: Luisa Perkins
•3:22 PM
The sweet and multi-talented Candace tagged me for the "Seven Things About Me" meme. She's gearing up for the Storymakers' Boot Camp in March (she and Tristi are in charge); her tagging me is clearly the equivalent of making me drop and give her twenty push-ups.

Have you read Centipost? Eight is Enough? Ten More, Really? Or any other post with the "Dancing With Myself" tag? Then, loyal reader, you already know it all.

But maybe not. All right, Candace, I'll give it a go:

1. When I was at BYU and managing the Backstage Café, I went out once with one of the waiters, who happened to be a gun enthusiast. We went up Provo Canyon and did some impromptu target shooting (aluminum cans) in the moonlight. The guns I remember using were an AK-47 and some James Bond-looking pistol. Both kicked quite hard. If any of my kids ever pulled such a stupid stunt, I'd be tempted to lock him/her in a closet for many months.

2. I get many of my most interesting (to me, at least) writing ideas from my dreams. Last night, for example, we saw I Am Legend (which I loved, but do not recommend for the faint of heart). I then dreamt about vampires all night and woke up itching to write down every fascinating detail.

3. The correct plural form of "Perkins" is "Perkinses." For example, if you wanted to brag (or complain) about coming to my house for dinner, you would write, "I'm going to the Perkinses' house for fondue tomorrow night." (Of course you are all invited.)

4. The kids and I use Eco-Dent tooth powder instead of toothpaste. The cinnamon flavor is the best, though the mint and lemon-lime are also popular choices. Eco-Dent is unfortunately not paying me for this endorsement.

5. One snack I love is canned fruit cocktail packed in 100% juice. Yummy: I think I'll go get some right now.

6. I think it's going to take me at least another year to knit down my stash. I made great progress in 2007, but I still have a Rubbermaid tub full of yarn to be used. So many projects; so little time....

7. I'm expecting our sixth child. S/he is due on or around June 15th. We're all very excited, and so far, this has been my easiest pregnancy ever. How's that for some news? Thanks, Candace, for providing an easy format for our announcement.

Since almost no one responded to my last meme tag, I'm not going to tag anyone this time. But if you would like to do this meme yourself, consider yourself "it" and go for it. I'm also officially declaring myself meme-immune for the next six weeks; it will take me at least that long to accumulate more randomness.
This entry was posted on 3:22 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

28 comments:

On 27/12/07 , Bea said...

Whoa! Whoa! Way to slip that little tidbit in there! Congratulations!

!!

 
On 27/12/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Congrats, lady! Woohoo!

 
On 27/12/07 , Christine said...

Fondue at the Perkinses'? Really?

Fruit cocktail? I'll have to remember that.
I am still astonished at how well you kept "that little secret" for so long! Congratulations again!

(Alice, Torie, Mary, and Anjmae responded to your last meme tag...)

 
On 27/12/07 , Brillig said...

LOVE how you threw that last little bit in. "Oh, and, let's see if I can think of just one more thing. Hmmm, well, I'm pregnant." AAAHHHH!!! Hahahaha. Love it. And congrats, though I believe that I've, um, congratulated you already. Too bad. Congrats again.

And I'm totally heading to the Perkinses for fondue. (My maiden name is Thomas, so I know all about that tricky final S. I can't tell you how often people would screw it up. Especially charming was when my father's prized students would do it. Hahahaha. Wooops! :-D)

 
On 27/12/07 , Anonymous said...

Interesting tidbits!!

But, wouldn't it just be to the Perkins' house? It is only one house after all. However, if you left out the house and just said you were going to the Perkinses, then I would be good with it. By the way...what time do we arrive?

From http://englishplus.com

If the singular noun ends with an s, add apostrophe s if the extra syllable is pronounced. If the extra syllable is not pronounced (or if it otherwise looks confusing to add apostrophe s), simply add an apostrophe.

Examples: the dress's hem
(Added syllable is pronounced.)

Lloyd Bridges' son
(Added syllable is not pronounced.)

But lets face it...I had to look it up and am still not sure if I am right :-)

 
On 27/12/07 , anjmae said...

Oh, so I am 'almost no one"? Lucky I had a lot of fun doing that meme, or I may be a little miffed...tee hee, just kidding...I am doing this one too, just to show my good sportsmanship/appreciation.
Um, can I come for fondue?
BTW, I think you are going to have a girl.

 
On 27/12/07 , Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How exciting. And there is fondue at your house too. Costco has really large cans of Fruit Cocktail for a good price.

 
On 27/12/07 , Anonymous said...

Sneaky, sneaky, Luisa! But congratulations. may he or she never get anywhere near an AK47!

We're having fondue soon, too.

 
On 27/12/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Sirdar, it was a good try. If you were going to write "Luisa Perkins's house," that would be the correct singular possessive. I complicated the issue by throwing in the plural possessive. I stand by my original claim. :D

 
On 28/12/07 , Catherine said...

Oh my goodness! That IS news! Wow! congratulations to you all! (and, may I say, you are a wonder woman. Six? I feel I deserve a medal for having one!)

And, I'm still fully intending on writing my meme - but having also done the 5 and the 6 and the 7 I'm having trouble thinking of anything more to say....

 
On 28/12/07 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Congrats!

We're fonduing for New Year's (a tradition around here)...so much fun! I'd rather do it at your house though. And have you do the dishes. Hee hee.

 
On 28/12/07 , PEZmama said...

Well congratulations. Lovely news, indeed.

YAY for the Perkinses.

 
On 28/12/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

All: thanks for your congratulations and well wishes. They make me feel all warm inside.

Christine: All right, Smarty, you're now officially tagged. :D

 
On 28/12/07 , Christine said...

HA!
Well that's not EXACTLY what I meant ...
but okay, will do.
:-P

 
On 28/12/07 , Goofball said...

aaaaaah so sneaky... I am slowly reading along, thinking of a comment how I really dislike canned fruit cocktails. Gosh comme on, can it taste any less natural.

...and while thinking that I am reading further and all of a sudden my eyes have to return. "Pregnant", did she say "pregnant". Oh my gosh, it's really there! You are so sneaky.

How great! Congratulations. How do you feel! Wow, 6 of them! You'll be busy. Enjoy!


Oh and by the way, I said I'd play your last meme, but I save it for when I lack inspiration. Right now I lack time to blog and I have plenty of ideas, so I save it a bit.

 
On 28/12/07 , Jenna said...

You're so sneaky. I want to go on blog record as predicting a girl as well. Yay, babies! And I meant what I said about all the babies in heaven needing to come to YOUR family! What a lucky little one!

 
On 28/12/07 , Goofball said...

if you really want to know some weird facts about me already, you can read this old meme: http://goofballsworld.blogspot.com/2007/01/6-weird-things-about-me.html

 
On 28/12/07 , Jen said...

Congratulations, Luisa! What wonderful news!! My DH was born on the 13th of June, so I heartily recommend that week. ;-)

 
On 28/12/07 , Unknown said...

Congrats, Luisa. What names do you have in mind? Edward? Bella? :-)

 
On 28/12/07 , Lauren said...

Two Comments:

Number one, I really didn't like I am Legend all that much. It was way too repetitive for me, and there wasn't a real plot. It was just Will Smith and...Will Smith.

Number two, as I'm sitting here reading your post, The Third reads your Topical Guide aloud to himself and muses, "A Metaphor is like a Simile. Hey...that's a simile!" I found that quite funny and wanted to share with you the insight of the day for The Third. :D

 
On 29/12/07 , painted maypole said...

congratulations!!!

 
On 29/12/07 , Anonymous said...

What? We're having number 6? You could have told me other through the Blog!

 
On 29/12/07 , Jen said...

Thanks so much for your perspective on the "mommy" post! You were thought-provoking, as usual. I also find it odd that Americans are so career-focused. It was one of the first things I noticed when I started spending time in Europe and especially Russia. I'm much more interested in who people are.

 
On 30/12/07 , Josi said...

I didn't know you were expecting GREATNESS again. Congratulations on that. And I"d lvoe to know more about the tooth powder.

I felt the same way about I AM Legend. I enjoyed it, but it totally freaked me out.

 
On 30/12/07 , Anonymous said...

Luisa,

Congratulations! What a fun way to announce it.

Hope you all have a happy new year, too!

 
On 31/12/07 , Heffalump said...

Congratulations! We are due to have our 6th on June 10th! I wish I could say it has been my easiest pregnancy...not so for me!

 
On 2/1/08 , Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stand in awe of you

 
On 28/4/08 , Christine said...

Psst. Did you know I FINALLY answered your tag?