Author: Luisa Perkins
•9:27 AM

This post is brought to you by approximately .5% of the Haldane Student Body, shown above.

How is it that:

- summer vacation went by so quickly?
- the leaves are starting to turn so early?
- my oldest son is a freshman in high school?
- the laundry hamper is full again already?

September is not my favorite month. I'm pouting and generally feeling sorry for myself for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, the angelic Jenna has tagged me for a meme, so I'll work on that instead of whinging to you all for several paragraphs. The object of the Middle Name Meme is to describe oneself by creating an acrostic with the letters of one's--you guessed it--middle name. Here goes:

M usical: I like most kinds of good music, but polyphony of any sort--from Palestrina to Louis Armstrong to Boston--tops the chart in my mind. Right now, Thomas Tallis's piece The Lamentations of Jeremiah suits my mood perfectly. But later I'll be checking iTunes to see whether they have Wire's fantastic 154 yet. Come on, Apple! Get with it!

I nvestigative Family Historian: Genealogy rocks my world. It's as fascinating as forensics, but without all the gross smells. Who knew that there was the perfect channel for my obsessive bulldoggishness?

C omfort food-loving: If God answers our prayers through other people, doesn't it make sense that He would answer them through food as well? I'm sure I can find a scripture that supports this theory, right after I make some Chocolate Drop (Mostly) Dead Cookies.

H opeful: At some point, I hope to get up regularly at 5:30 and like it; finish reading Don Quixote; and find an easy-care hairstyle that flatters my face.

E rudite: Fancy word describing that geek in high school whose homework you always wanted to copy. Yep, I'm that kid, 20+ years later.

L ovestruck: I have the most awesome husband on the planet. I'd rave on and on, but half of you females would shut yourselves in a closet and cry in despair that you can't have him; the other half would commence stalking him. They're hard on stalkers here in New York State, so I'm doing you a favor.

L ucky: I also have the best kids ever; they embody every virtue listed in the Boy Scout Law and more. I'm not really lucky, just very blessed. But there's no 'B' in my middle name, so we do what we can.

E nthusiastic: I am passionate about my many interests. There's just not enough time in the world to write all the books, read all the other books, knit all the sweaters, grow all the roses, classify all the rocks, find all the ancestors, sing all the motets, and cook and eat all the recipes I want. This doesn't keep me from trying. Like I wrote before: I'm hopeful.


I tag RaJ and Millie, because they're both hilarious and because I'm dying to know what their middle names are. I also tag James, but he has to finish his homework first. Finally, I tag my baby sister Angie, who should have her blog up and running any day now. Can't wait!
This entry was posted on 9:27 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

16 comments:

On 6/9/07 , Jenna said...

This was so great! I loved it! You are all of those things, for sure, and you are very blessed. I am hopeful to finish Don Quixote someday too...remember how we started that together?

 
On 6/9/07 , Bill C said...

*Loads online dictionary to look up 'acrostic'*

 
On 6/9/07 , Syar said...

What a cool meme. I might pick it up myself if you don't mind.

And I love that idea for a short story. Now that you've mentioned it, it would make a good one, that dog story of mine. So thanks for lighting the spark.

 
On 6/9/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Learned even more about you today (like your middle name . . .).

Now I'll have to try those chocolate cookies, of course. The over-ripe bananas will just have to wait another day or two to be made into banana bread.

 
On 6/9/07 , Jen said...

Lovely meme and responses! Isn't the son in high school thing weird? How's his week going?

 
On 6/9/07 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

What a fabulous way to share more about your fabulous self!

 
On 6/9/07 , painted maypole said...

this was a fun post!

 
On 6/9/07 , Anonymous said...

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin...into the fuuutuuuure. Used to sing to all Steve Miller songs.

September is not my favourite month either...mostly because it is panic month for me. Do we have enough wood for the winter? Are things put away for the winter? Do I have a something to move the snow this winter? But, there isn't much I can do about it so I must live with it.

 
On 7/9/07 , Anonymous said...

Yeh, summer went way to fast, and now the work really begins. It is so cold here. Great meme. My middle name is Amelia, but I won't be putting anything with that. I am really blessed to with my crew too.
I am also enthusiastic and try to do it all most of the time.

 
On 7/9/07 , NOBODY said...

We have the same middle name! :)

 
On 9/9/07 , Anonymous said...

very interesting. very interesting...especially those cookies, make me a batch please?

 
On 10/9/07 , Sketchy said...

I know Millie's middle name...shall I tell?

 
On 11/9/07 , Josi said...

Stalker laws--the only protection some of our husbands have . . .

 
On 14/9/07 , Anonymous said...

hi there:
my first time to your blog. i came over to take a look because of your comments on josi's site about twlight. i sure enjoyed this post. and your "C" made me laugh, too. :) kathleen

 
On 14/9/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

Sketchy, yes! Do tell! Since Millie seems to be pinked at the moment.

Josi, it's true...

Thanks, Kathleen! Come back any time.

 
On 15/9/07 , Anonymous said...

hi luisa:
i came back again for a little peek. enjoying your words.

happy saturday,
kathleen