Author: Luisa Perkins
•9:47 AM
The gracious and talented Anne Bradshaw (it's so silly: I always want to refer to her as 'Anne Bradstreet') tagged me for The Moaning Meme. It's just the ticket for a muggy Monday morning. Thanks, Anne! (Sorry to disappoint, but I was not annoyed.)

5 people who will be annoyed that I tagged them:


4 things that should go into Room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth:

Bratz dolls
Japanese beetles
Splenda
Gossip

3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently:
When people say 'home' when they mean 'house.'
When people say 'impact' when they mean 'affect.'
When people use 'transition' as a verb or 'reveal' as a noun.

2 things you find yourself moaning about:
In a good way: Shoulder rubs
In a bad way: Not enough shoulder rubs

1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself:

I'm so confrontation-averse that this post was harder to write than I thought it would be. It was hard enough to admit publicly the other day that Colin Firth is not first in the Mr. Darcy corner of my heart.
This entry was posted on 9:47 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 comments:

On 30/7/07 , Millie said...

Oh, honey... I'm so annoyed.

:) NOT Thanks for tagging me. I'll have that up this week.

 
On 30/7/07 , Catherine said...

Hey, fun! I'll definetly do it...but you'll have to be patient...I haven't been a good blog citizen lately, but hopefully I'll get my ducks in a row soon! :)

Thanks!

 
On 30/7/07 , Bill C said...

For some reason I saw "muggle Monday morning." Of course I quickly realized my mistake because "lowercase" and there's just no way such a thing would get past your crack team of editors.

 
On 30/7/07 , Christie said...

I so concur with banishing Bratz! Thanks for the tag - I played...

(And about those Pullman books...can I assume that the whole anti-church thing gets more blatant and obnoxious? If so, I don't want to go through the trouble of tracking them down...anyway, thanks for all of your suggestions!)

 
On 30/7/07 , Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't tag me; I would have been annoyed :smile: . Of course, reading your list, I was thinking to myself, "Do I use those words that way?". As you can tell, I am no literary or grammatical genius. I can barely spell. But I read a book this weekend so I am getting more cultured.

 
On 30/7/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

It may be a few days to put it up on the blog. I started to do it today, but I couldn't think of answers! Hang in there for me.

 
On 31/7/07 , Unknown said...

Colin Firth not first . . . say it isn't so!

 
On 31/7/07 , Anonymous said...

Right on with the grammar complaints! Improper use of impact drives me batty. And IF you can get them to say affect instead, they're more than likely to spell it wrong. Aaaargh!

 
On 31/7/07 , Anonymous said...

Funny -- you would go mad in a corporate setting. "Managementese" is my least-favorite language. Especially memorable from my working days: ideate.

 
On 31/7/07 , Unknown said...

So glad you weren't annoyed, because here comes another one (giggle, chuckle). By the way, who's Anne Bradstreet anyway?

Actually, the tag isn't up there yet, but will be tomorrow morning. Hope you haven't already done it. These things seem to be growing like mad. Bit like your yellow squash. Which reminds me--must go and check on the zucchinis.

 
On 1/8/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

AV--Ideate. I'm having Morgan Stanley flashback. DON'T get me started.

Anne--Your almost namesake was the first American female writer. She was born in England in 1612, but she sailed to Boston in 1630 and lived in Massachusetts for the rest of her life. Her poems and essays are lovely.