Author: Luisa Perkins
•4:12 PM
Well, hey! I've been awarded the Blogging Community Involvement Award, a.k.a. The Power of Schmooze (cue the Huey Lewis) by über-Schmoozer Radioactive Jam. I am honored; RaJ is my example in all things bloggy. He has a warm and welcoming site and is always generous and thought-provoking in his commenting. Thank you!

I do love making connections with and between people. When I noticed that Bubandpie and Annette Lyon both listed The Blue Castle as a favorite book, I wished I could host a luncheon so that we could meet in person and discuss the perils and triumphs of Valancy Stirling Snaith. When Brillig was wrestling with the mighty WordPress, I asked RaJ whether he'd be willing to help her out (of course he was). When Kara and Jenna were infant bloggers, I wanted you all to meet them immediately.

In real life, these impulses can get me into trouble. Patrick would say at this point, "I have two words for you: Brent Spiner." (Someday I'll tell you the story.) When I noticed that Graham Sleight had mentioned in his Readercon bio that he loved black currant ice cream and Ralph Vaughan Williams's Symphony No. 5, I barely restrained myself from running up to him and saying, "Me, too! Me, too!" (Trust me: it's better that I didn't.)

It's now my privilege to pass the award on to five fellow Schmoozers. The following bloggers have gone out of their way to welcome me into their communities; I look forward to visiting them on a daily basis. They are:

Annette is a great friend and has introduced me to a number of wonderful LDS writers and their blogs.
The ever-entertaining Brillig is fantastic about answering comments and has a terrific, eclectic blogroll.
Bubandpie has kindly tagged me for the best memes ever despite my leaving her scintillating comments like "Awesome post" and "You're so brilliant."
What I Made for Dinner--I believe the talented Adriana was the first to put me on her blogroll when I was a bran-new baby blogger.
Bitegeist--Deb wrote a whole post about me when we first discovered each other. Her cadre of commenters is welcoming and hilarious.

Congratulations, ladies!
This entry was posted on 4:12 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On 24/7/07 , Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank the members of the academy....

Seriously, Luisa, I appreciate the recognition and have enjoyed our engagement in each other's virtual worlds.

 
On 25/7/07 , Brillig said...

Awww, what a schmoozy little thing you are! You most definitely deserve the award! And thanks for bestowing it upon me and for your kind words. You are TOO good to me, but I guess I'm okay with that. Hahaha. Thanks!!!

 
On 25/7/07 , Bill C said...

I totally want to hear (okay "see" but still) the Brent Spiner story.

 
On 25/7/07 , Anonymous said...

Hon - I am a big fan of your work....

 
On 26/7/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Thanks, Luisa! It'll be hard to think of who to pass it on to, since you've been the schmooziest friend I know in blogland.

 
On 28/7/07 , Luisa Perkins said...

RaJ, I will tell it soon, despite my spouse's spoilers.

 
On 11/8/07 , Graham Sleight said...

When I noticed that Graham Sleight had mentioned in his Readercon bio that he loved black currant ice cream and Ralph Vaughan Williams's Symphony No. 5, I barely restrained myself from running up to him and saying, "Me, too! Me, too!"

Ah well, would have loved to say hello to you.