Author: Luisa Perkins
•1:51 PM

I 'met' the lovely NHKnittingMama almost immediately after starting this blog. She's a cheerful, very talented gal; I hope to meet her in person someday. Back in July, she posted a pattern she'd created herself for Mandy's Candy Bag, along with a contest challenge. Love it! I had to participate. I used Sugar'n Cream yarn in the Rainbow colorway. Just by the by, if I were the folks at Lily Yarn, I'd rename the colorway "Fruit Mentos."

I finished my candy bag weeks ago, but haven't posted a photo of it until today because I haven't had any candy in the house to put in it. I know; it's shocking.

Of course there has been chocolate in the house, but my loyal readers know that I don't consider chocolate to be candy. "Why?" ask the newbies up front. Because it's just not fair to all the other candies. That's why.

Today I realized that NHKM's contest deadline is coming right up, so I filled the candy bag with other stuff: the cool flowers Hope made for me last Mother's Day and some special treats for my dear friend Kara. Now that I've digitally captured my candy bag for all time, I'll put the flowers back in their vase and take the bag to Kara's house. It is part of her fabulous, yet long overdue prize for winning this contest.

Thanks, NHKM! I plan to make more candy bags for holiday gifts this year!
This entry was posted on 1:51 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

On 31/8/07 , Catherine said...

I just said yesterday that I'll never do well at any hobby that has the word "make" in it. Ah well...I highly admire all you who can and do! :)

 
On 31/8/07 , Annette Lyon said...

Way cute! Those would make the perfect treat bags for a girls' b-day party--assuming she invited three people instead of the neighborhood.

I didn't even blink at the mention of chocolate separate from candy. Of COURSE they're not the same thing. Besides, you don't want to mess up your cute bag with getting chocolate messes on it. Or mess up your chocolate with yarn fuzzies.

Naturally.

 
On 31/8/07 , Jenna said...

So cute! And 'fruit Mentos' would be a better name, you're right. How in the world do you do everything you do, girl?

 
On 31/8/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

Thank you for knitting it up! I've added you to the gallery on my blog, and of course, your entries are in!

 
On 31/8/07 , Julie Wright said...

That is soooo cute~! It almost makes me retract my vow to never knit (the only fight i ever had with my grandma was when she tried to teach my clumsy awkjward hands to control the needles). This is adorable and the flowers are perfect.

 
On 31/8/07 , Jen said...

What a darling bag! And I love the colors. Wish I could knit ;-)

 
On 4/9/07 , Anonymous said...

That is a cute bag, and filled with candies, is a great prize or gift. It is a nice way to display the flowers also, and something you could give as a gift for someone in the hospital (when you are sneaking in candy), because it can be disguised as a vase.

 
On 5/9/07 , Anonymous said...

I'm glad you said what it was because I would have had no idea. Now, you need to fill it and take another picture.

 
On 6/9/07 , painted maypole said...

I cannot think about mentos without smiling. Perhaps you should have filled the bag with mentos. :)