Author: Luisa Perkins
•9:17 PM
James got a subscription to Gourmet magazine for Christmas; every month, he pores over each glossy, fabulous issue and decides what to make. Last month, he chose Butterscotch Pudding; this month, he decided to try what was featured on the cover: Strawberry Mascarpone Tart.

Fueled by tonight's success, he's decided to make a Lemon Curd Pavlova with Mixed Berries for Easter. Don't think I'm limiting him to one recipe trial per month; he's just getting going.


Here he is with his masterpiece; we cut it and had a slice about 30 seconds after this photo was taken, and it was delicious. So no, the fruit hasn't fallen far from the tree. And this tree couldn't be prouder.
This entry was posted on 9:17 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 comments:

On 25/3/09 , Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite impressive! Looks like he's got some talent :)

 
On 25/3/09 , Heidi said...

I adore Pavlova! Both the dessert AND the dancer.

 
On 26/3/09 , Brillig said...

Holy crap! Could you send him over to cook for me today? That looks amazing!

(That kid is going to make some woman very, very happy one day. hahaha.)

 
On 26/3/09 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh dear...now I want cake for breakfast...

It looks scrumptious!

 
On 26/3/09 , Heidi said...

Luisa, would you be willing to guest post for me while I take a blogcation in April? I don't think I have your email address (it's probably right here in front of my nose, huh?) If you are interested, email me at write2me@heidiashworth.com

Thanks!

 
On 26/3/09 , TC said...

A youngster who likes to cook?? And a male to boot??! I'm goin to let my 16-year old son see this! And that dessert looks absolutely delicious!

 
On 26/3/09 , Anonymous said...

I am in awe of his drive *and* talent!! That tart is BEE-autiful!! Congrats to him, congrats to mom and I will gladly accept packaged pavlova.

And I miss you...:(

 
On 27/3/09 , Elizabeth said...

It looks fabulous! Congrats to James and to you.

 
On 27/3/09 , Jenna said...

And he has such great taste in the recipes he chooses to try! A man who loves dessert! You MUST be proud!

 
On 27/3/09 , charrette said...

This is fabulous! All of it.

 
On 27/3/09 , Tiffany Wacaser said...

I know a certain family (hint, hint), who shall remain nameless, but lives just minutes from your house, that would love to be guinea pigs for any of Jame's creations.

Because families don't always give unbiased responses. ;)

 
On 2/4/09 , Jen said...

That tart has been calling my name, too. James is sure on the way, especially if he mastered butterscotch pudding. I consider myself a fairly decent cook and I have real troubles not making butterscotch pudding lumpy and, well, just plain weird.