Author: Luisa Perkins
•4:38 PM

Annette tagged me with a photo meme, asking what the sixth picture in my sixth folder was. Here it is: James and Tess holding newly-brought-home Baby Anne back in May.

It's amazing to me how much James and Tess look alike in this photo, which is something I hadn't really considered before. I usually group James, Hope, and Anne in the 'looking like me' camp and Tess, Christian, and Daniel in the 'looking like Patrick' camp. It's fascinating how kids can look like both their parents when the parents don't resemble one another at all.

Also, Anne is huge now, and a fuzzy blonde to boot; all that dark hair she came with is gone. Oy, those kids: they're so delicious. I'd better stop, before I start crooning "Sunrise, Sunset" and weeping into my tea.

Thanks for the tag, Annette! I tag in turn Jenna, Kim, and Charrette.
This entry was posted on 4:38 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 comments:

On 20/1/09 , Anonymous said...

It's okay, you can weep into your tea. A little salt won't hurt you. What a sweet family you have.

 
On 20/1/09 , Virtualsprite said...

Awww... no matter who they look like, they're absolutely adorable.

 
On 20/1/09 , TC said...

Adorable young-uns! And then before you know it, they're teens! Less adorable, but no less lovable.

 
On 21/1/09 , Jen said...

darling, lovely photo!

 
On 21/1/09 , Annette Lyon said...

Thanks for playing! And so true--there are times my kids look SO MUCH like their dad, and other times they're spitting images of me. Yet Rob and I look nothing alike.

 
On 21/1/09 , Annette Lyon said...

Thanks for playing! And so true--there are times my kids look SO MUCH like their dad, and other times they're spitting images of me. Yet Rob and I look nothing alike.

 
On 21/1/09 , Julie Wright said...

I know what you mean. There are days when my kids sparkle with the life of the father and othe times I tilt my head and stare in amazement by how much they look like me. But your kids, no matter how you call it, are adorable. And that sweet little newborn head makes me grin stupidly to see. I love little newborns.

 
On 21/1/09 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I have similar experiences looking at my two little girls, one with my eyes, one with his. Strange how I can find beauty in features so similar to my own, yet cringe when I look in the mirror! What a different, more joyful perspective they gift us with!

 
On 21/1/09 , Heidi said...

I, knowing nothing of your kids but the delicious Anne, thought the other two might be twins. So there ya go! I love your kid's names!

 
On 22/1/09 , Dedee said...

What a cute picture.

Returning after a long absence.

 
On 26/1/09 , Anonymous said...

They do look a lot alike. Sometimes our kids look alike and other times, not at all. It also depends on who is looking; some say they look alike and others can't tell they are siblings. I guess it is the essence one catches at the moment.

 
On 8/2/09 , KP&GVS3 said...

Go Daniel! I need to read your blog more often Luisa. Laughter being so good for the soul.