If this post is up, it means I'm off having the baby. Woo-hoo! Let's hear it for that whirlpool tub in the labor room.
To keep busy while I'm gone, try your hand at the latest version of Luisa Trivia (just for extra entertainment, last year's quiz is here). The commenter with the most correct answers will receive a fabulous goodie box from me, which is already packaged up and ready for Patrick to pop in the mail once you supply your address to me via email.
NO online cheating is allowed: no surreptitious use of Teh Google, Teh Wikipedia, Teh YouTube, or Teh iTunes.
And believe me: if you cheat, I WILL KNOW.
1) Luisa is a fanatic about correct spelling, grammar, and usage. Why does she use the intentional misspelling "teh" in the rules above?
2) If Luisa believed in throwing away her vote, which of the following great Americans would she be most likely to write in as a candidate this November?
a) Jack Bauer
b) Jack Ryanc) Alice Waters
d) Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.e) Al Gore
3) In Luisa's opinion, what is the best TV show of all time?
4) Four of Luisa's six brothers have the same middle name. What is it?
5) Orson Scott Card has written some terrific books. Which of the following of his novels is Luisa's favorite?
a) Ender's Game
b) Lost Boys
d) Seventh Son
6) Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
7) When Luisa was in college, she sang in a band. What was its name? (Hint: it is also the name of a popular fish food.)
8) Which does Luisa hate more: PowerPoint presentations or styrofoam?
9) In the Smiths' hit "How Soon is Now," does Morrissey sing "I am the sun and the air," or "I am the son and the heir?"
10) The line in the previous question refers to a passage in which great Victorian novel (that happens to be one of Luisa's favorites)?
11) Which song is featured in Luisa's favorite Saturday Night Live sketch, "More Cowbell?"
a) Loverboy's "Everybody's Working for the Weekend"
b) Santana's "Black Magic Woman"
c) Bachman Turner Overdrive's "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet"
d) Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper"
12) In Luisa's opinion, the very best Toto song is:
a) Manuela Run
d) No Toto song at all
13) Luisa was present at the filming of part of which great rock concert video?
a) U2's Rattle and Hum
b) Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains the Same
c) The Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense
d) Pink Floyd's The Wall
14) Why knit with circulars?
15) Which of the following (all, coincidentally, to be found in Beatles songs) was NOT vetoed by Patrick in baby name negotiations of years past? (Think middle names, people.)
16) Luisa has only two cable channel numbers memorized. To which two stations do they correspond?
a) Sports New York
c) The Weather Channel
d) The Food Network
e) Turner Classic Movies
17) Luisa is a sucker for a great sports movie. Which one of the following dreamy underdogs does she love best?
a) Robert Redford in The Natural
b) Keanu Reeves in The Replacements
c) Dennis Quaid in The Rookie
d) Denzel Washington in Remember the Titans
e) Mark Wahlberg in Invincible
18) Which of the following does NOT make reference to Luisa's favorite book, John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress?
a) Vanity Fair, by William Makepeace Thackeray
b) Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
c) Look Homeward, Angel, by Thomas Wolfe
d) Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
e) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, by Alan Moore
19) Every time she has gone to Chili's in the past twenty years, Luisa has ordered precisely the same thing. Which is it?
a) Baby Back Ribs with Ranch Dressing on the side and a Sprite with no ice
b) Mushroom Jack Chicken Fajitas (hold every single bell pepper) and a virgin Piña Colada
c) Old Timer Cheeseburger (with mustard and mayonnaise only) and a Chocolate Shake
d) An Awesome Blossom (with ketchup instead of the regular sauce) and an ice water with lemon slices
20) Because Luisa is so particular when ordering at restaurants, Patrick lovingly likens her to which of the following quirky movie characters?
a) Amanda in Adam's Rib
b) Jo in Funny Face
c) Judy in What's Up, Doc?
d) Sally in When Harry Met Sally
e) Annie in Annie Hall