Author: Luisa Perkins
•10:39 AM


Does anyone from my generation have a cookie jar? We had one when I was little, and during the years that Mom was able to stay at home with us, it was often chock full of homemade cookie goodness. It was ceramic and shaped like a bunch of grapes.

I think I need a cookie jar of my own. Zipper lock bags just aren't doing it for me; I'm trying to wean myself from using them for the good of the planet.

I made the Chocolate Drop Cookies from The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook for the first time yesterday. They should be called 'Chocolate Drop Dead Cookies'--they're that good. I didn't put in any of the fancy stuff suggested (vanilla chips, chopped up Heath Bars, etc.), just a bag of good old semisweet. Fantastic.
This entry was posted on 10:39 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 27/2/07 , Anonymous said...

Lane's sister found us an excellent cookie jar at DI -- a big, ceramic Cookie Monster. We love it but we never use it because we usually make half batches of cookies. The cookies would get lost. Plus, our kitchen counter is too small as it is. So he sits high up on a shelf.