Author: Luisa Perkins
•11:19 AM
I am frustrated to report that there seems to be a problem with the recipe titles in some copies of Comfortably Yum. The proof copy that I initially received was fine, but when I ordered a big box full of copies for Leonora to sell at The Country Goose, one copy out of the twenty had illegible titles. Since then, I've gotten reports from five friends whose copies have similar problems.

I am so sorry about this. If you have received an imperfect copy, please let me know so that I can complain (further and even more vociferously than I already have). If you ordered it through CreateSpace, here's a link that will let you order a replacement copy. If you ordered it through Amazon, click here to get a new copy sent to you.
This entry was posted on 11:19 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 comments:

On 3/6/09 , Heidi said...

I would be screaming bloody murder. I had heard stories about books that have come with the right cover and the wrong insides or half one book or half the other--or the wrong author's name! Yikes!

 
On 3/6/09 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

How maddening! Sorry you're having to deal with this sort of frustration after all the work you put into this!

 
On 3/6/09 , Goofball said...

oh no! how frustrating. After all the work you've put in it, this must be so painful.

Can you work out a solution with the publisher?

 
On 3/6/09 , Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the technical difficulties. I hope that it will all be resolved soon and this will be a distant memory.

 
On 3/6/09 , Brillig said...

What a FRICKIN' BRACKIN' PAIN!!! I'm so sorry. I'm going to go check my copy right this second. I'll get back to you.

 
On 3/6/09 , Annette Lyon said...

I found a copy of my first book on a store shelf missing the last several chapters. The worst part is that where it ended was a chapter break--so someone could have thought it WAS the end. (Just a cliffhanger?)

I just got my copy of your book in the mail today. Looks fine! Can't wait to try what's inside!

 
On 3/6/09 , Jen said...

It's a brilliant book no matter how convoluted the titles. ;-)

I'm just so sorry you're having to deal with this!

 
On 4/6/09 , charrette said...

My copy is perfect! (See current post.)

 
On 4/6/09 , Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that this happened! But in better news, your update has reminded me to buy my own copy, so at least that's good news :) Can't wait to get it!

 
On 25/6/09 , Goofball said...

Did you know I won Jen's contest!! woohoo. So you are going to teach me how to bake my very first attempt to bake something.