Author: Luisa Perkins
•4:18 PM

I've been having a stupor of thought when it comes to the blog lately. In an effort to inspire me, the excellent Megan recently supplied me with a list of ideas for posts. (Go read her great piece on Joyce Carol Oates's classic short story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been"; you won't be sorry.) All Megan's ideas were great, but I'm still coming up short. Is there a such thing as "blogger's block?" If not, I just invented it. Again.

Life is good. Everyone is healthy and happy (except Hope; apparently there is a wormhole in our house, and her backpack has disappeared into it). The weather is gorgeous. I'm busy, busy, busy, but that's nothing new. And I'm thinking that my recent jam-making exploits or ruminations on the current state of the speculative fiction world or rages over evil ninja garden-decimating deer aren't terribly interesting to anyone but myself.

Maybe I'll get myself together in time for Fascista Friday or Soap Opera Sunday later this week, but for now? I'm hoping James Cromwell will nod and smile at me and say, "That'll do, pig."
This entry was posted on 4:18 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 comments:

On 24/9/08 , Annette Lyon said...

I've had serious Novembrance withdrawals. Hope you return in full force soon. The irony is that anything you'd write about BECOMES interesting when you do it. Even evil ninja deers, I'm betting.

 
On 24/9/08 , Josi said...

Damn those wormholes! And I personally would love to hear about your jam and your deer. It's not what you say, Louisa dear, it's how you say it. you've been missed, and yet, sometimes there just isn't room for other things. I get it, I can be patient.

 
On 24/9/08 , Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy said...

I found your old post about Pez, and I was crushed to find you dissing my dream of lime-flavored Pez.

You seem to have excellent taste in music and movies, and given a couple of your interests, you might enjoy this song parody of mine, but life for me in this vale of tears gets worse and worse as more candies substitute wretched green flavors (green apple, watermelon, and probably eventually arugula and cilantro) for delicious, tangy lime. When I was a kid, my family used to buy boxes of lime Lifesavers, 'cause they were the best (the lime ones, not my family necessarily). Now, you don't even get any lime in the five-flavors packs.

What's gone wrong with the world???

Obviously, it's lime-haters like you.

Bitterly,
VL

 
On 24/9/08 , Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy said...

As I posted over at my (old) place...

Thank you, Luisa!

I must admit I've never had lime yogurt and knew nothing of such a flavor, so all is forgiven.

BTW, my posting these days is over here, and specifically over here

 
On 24/9/08 , Melanie Jacobson said...

My husband got really upset with my for saying "That'll do, pig" to my son until I made him watch the movie. Now it's a big oink fest at our house.

 
On 24/9/08 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Luisa darling, you could write about a rock and I would still sit here enchanted. Alas though, there's little enjoyment in the process when you don't feel moved to write.

Although, it is altogether possible to move yourself, I've found.

I await your next eagerly.

 
On 25/9/08 , Goofball said...

hahahha, the wormhole remark was funny.

I'd love to see Fascista Friday come back or some new posts on SOS!!! Or just a recipe for jam, whatever. We love to see you back online, but taking a break when you need it is just as good!

 
On 25/9/08 , charrette said...

I'm stunned that you of all people are finding yourself at a loss for words. But when they come to you we'll be here to savor them.

 
On 26/9/08 , Anonymous said...

A "Babe" reference is always a welcome reference. Hope life isn't too crazy for you these days! :)

 
On 26/9/08 , Jenna said...

Yeah, what everyone else says. You could talk about anything and it would be interesting to me. Post pics of your jam! That would be the next best thing to tasting it on a slice of warm homemade bread.

 
On 27/9/08 , Virtualsprite said...

Thank you... now I know I'm not alone. I've been having the same problem.

But I still look forward to anything you write.