Author: Luisa Perkins
•7:21 PM
I recently sold a short story called "Dodmen and the Holophusikon," and it is now available as a FREE podcast on the website of the e-zine Steampod.org.

The story is 'steampunk,' a subgenre of science fiction in which the setting is an 'alternate history' world--in this case, a Victorian England which has developed computer technology powered by steam engines. If that weren't weird enough, the main characters are all mammals. Talking mammals, even.

I would be so delighted if this new start-up e-zine were flooded by responses (hopefully positive) to the story. The pay wasn't much, but I am very happy to have the publishing credit.

Would you be willing to take a few minutes and listen? Here's the link:

http://steampod.org/2008/08/episode-7-dodmen-and-the-holophusikon/

And if any of you would like to blog about the story and link to it, I'd be forever in your debt. Really. Throughout eternity.

Thank you so much!
This entry was posted on 7:21 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On 30/8/08 , Korie said...

You're back you're back!!!! I missed you!!

 
On 30/8/08 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I am so excited to listen to this! The computer is a little too close to the bedrooms though so I need to wait till the kiddos are up so I don't wake them.

And then I need to wait till they're otherwise engaged so I can devote some time to it.

Hmm...maybe it's time for a daddy/daughter date...

So excited!

 
On 30/8/08 , Jenna said...

Can't wait to listen! Any ballpark figure on how long it is? That will determine when I can listen, since I want to hear it in its entirety.

 
On 31/8/08 , Chris said...

@Jenna the story is 18:57 in length.

 
On 31/8/08 , Jen said...

I'm on it a little later today...

And of COURSE I'll blog about it. Just focusing on NOLA at this moment.

I'm so delighted, though - completely, totally, madly, indelibly.

Yes, Ms. GramFasc, I know I stretched definitions. ;-)

 
On 2/9/08 , Anonymous said...

Congrats to you. I'll give this a listen and also a mention on my blog. Yay Steampunk!

 
On 14/9/08 , Parkay24 said...

I curious if Steampod would be willing to do another reading with you as the Narator ... I love to listen to things read by the author.