Author: Luisa Perkins
•6:00 AM
One of the great things about blogging is meeting people from all over the globe whose interests are similar to one's own. I've been delighted, for example, to get to know several writers who are having wonderful things happen in their careers. Reading about their experiences has been both inspiring and educational for me, and many of them have graciously given me feedback on my own work. Writing can be somewhat isolating at times, so what a blessing it is to find and connect with other people doing the same thing.

J. Scott Savage
recently signed a contract with Shadow Mountain for a YA fantasy series called Farworld. The first book, Farworld--Water, comes out September 5th. To help promote it, Scott is launching a virtual book tour via Planet Blog, with nice prizes (read: free advance copies of the book!) for participants. Go here to read more about it and get involved!

James Dashner is enjoying breakout success with his middle-grade fantasy novel The 13th Reality: The Journal of Curious Letters. It's well deserved, too; James sent me an ARC of the book several months ago, and the three older kids and I all loved it. In fact, The 13th Reality is our James's favorite book at the moment. Yesterday James (Dashner) featured a new and exciting marketing tool for his book on his terrific blog; I just had to share it, because I think it's super cool--a trailer for a book--who knew?



The production company for the trailer, Reel Line, has a fun 10-minute interview with James on its website (but James does give away a few plot points in it, so if you are spoiler-averse, don't go watch it until you've read the book).

Congratulations, guys! People like you who 'pay it forward' deserve every bit of success you garner.
This entry was posted on 6:00 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

15 comments:

On 8/4/08 , Anonymous said...

Could not agree more on the pay it forward idea. Congrats to "the boys" and best of luck to you with yours.

 
On 8/4/08 , Korie said...

I'm going to second Cablegirl on the well wishing.
Cheers!

 
On 8/4/08 , James Dashner said...

Luisa, you're so awesome. Thanks for this, and the nice words. I'm glad you liked the trailer, and more importantly, my book! Say hi to your kids for me.

James must be one studly dude.

 
On 8/4/08 , anjmae said...

How old is James? Do you think Noah would like this book by James Dashner? It looks good to me! Can I find it at mainstream bookstores? I'll call you...

 
On 8/4/08 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I just ordered The 13th Reality and can't wait for it to arrive. Neil might scoop it up before I get a chance though, as he's a big fan. Maybe if I hide the mail key on him...

 
On 8/4/08 , Anonymous said...

They look like interesting books. I love the trailer, I was hoping to see the movie;-). How wonderful for you to have inspiration, help and community.

 
On 8/4/08 , Anonymous said...

Zero degrees of separation. That's all I'm sayin'.

 
On 9/4/08 , Annette Lyon said...

How old is James? He's actually a little older than I am, but acts much younger--you know, fart jokes and all that. :D

It's fun to watch the guys' careers explode. Some day when they're rich and famous, I'll be able to say I knew them when--then hit them up for a free dinner.

 
On 9/4/08 , Anonymous said...

It will be your turn again soon! Hope your waddling isn't too uncomfortable -- I know it is though! ugh!

 
On 10/4/08 , Virtualsprite said...

Aawww... that was beautiful. Congratulations all around!

 
On 10/4/08 , Josi said...

That was very cool--I'd heard about it but hadn't seen it. I think they will both do really well with their books, very exciting times for all of us that know them and have watched their journey unfold!

 
On 11/4/08 , Brillig said...

Awwwww. I was the equivalent of a lurker (what do we call real-life lurkers? People who sit in the same room but never introduce themselves or raise their hands to say something?) in their classes at the conference and was mighty impressed. These boys are going places, for sure.

 
On 11/4/08 , Julie Wright said...

Luisa, I cannot wait until you are talking up your newest release! and yeah the guys are great aren't they, in a little brother, give-them-a-swirly-in-the-toilet sorta way. I'm really happy for our boys!

 
On 12/4/08 , Tristi Pinkston said...

I got to see the first viewing of James' book trailer, and it was seriously awesome. And you're right - these are two of the coolest guys on earth. They deserve all kinds of good things.

 
On 13/4/08 , Unknown said...

It's very exciting isn't it? I absolutely loved The 13th Reality and am looking forward to Farworld.

Quick question:

By the way, in June I am launching a virtual book tour for “Forged in the Refiner’s Fire.” Are you willing to be one of my stops?

First: You’ll pick a day in June to post.

Second: I’ll mail you the book.

Third: You email me some interview questions, which I answer and email back to you.

Fourth: You post the review and interview on the agreed upon day.

Are you in? Does it sound like fun? Drop me an email at ces@candacesalima.com and let me know.