Author: Luisa Perkins
•8:27 AM
But first, look at the cake Hope decorated last night at the church's Activity Night! Her great-grandmother would be so proud; we certainly are. Many thanks to fondant genius Shona for making this activity possible.

Here are some talks Daniel and I have had in the past few days:
Me: Daniel, what do you think Santa will bring you?
Daniel: A green candy cane!
Me: Anything else?
Daniel: Umm...a red candy cane?
***
Daniel: Mom, can we make some dangerbread cookies?
Me: Do you mean gingerbread cookies?
Daniel (enunciating carefully): No, Mom. Dangerbread.
Me: Uh, sure, honey.
***
Daniel (looking at a Nativity picture book): There's Baby Jesus.
Me: That's right.
Daniel: Is that Elizabeth?
Me: No, that's her cousin, Mary.
Daniel (closing the book): The. End. Mom, is that heavenly ever after?
Me (misting over): Yes, sweetie. It is.
This entry was posted on 8:27 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

20 comments:

On 19/12/07 , Anonymous said...

Amongst angels you are.

 
On 19/12/07 , Christine said...

How sweet!
"Heavenly Ever After".

 
On 19/12/07 , Jenna said...

Wow, Hope! Excellent!

And that Daniel...how sweet he is.

 
On 19/12/07 , NH Knitting Mama said...

What a heart-warmer! Very nice story.... I love kids.

 
On 20/12/07 , Anonymous said...

Nice looking cake!! Good job.

Love the innocence of little ones...

 
On 20/12/07 , Julie Wright said...

The cake is perfect. And that is so cute . . . Heavenly ever after . . . beautiful.

 
On 20/12/07 , Anonymous said...

I like to eat Dangerbread while listening to Kenny Loggins singing that "Danger Zone" song. Very stimulating.

 
On 20/12/07 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

The cake is exquisite! And Daniel? What a darling!

Hee hee...my word validation is Mr. Muppo...~snickers~

 
On 20/12/07 , Anonymous said...

Now I like the sound of Dangerbread. A thrilling ginger ride of happiness. :)

 
On 20/12/07 , Lauren said...

Dangerbread: Revolutionizing the traditional holiday recipe. I can see it now...

 
On 20/12/07 , Annette Lyon said...

*sniff*

 
On 20/12/07 , Lauren said...

I did the random things meme. Check it out. (please)

 
On 20/12/07 , Jen said...

What a gorgeous cake! And those are absolutely precious conversations with Daniel. And I want dangerbread cookies, too!

 
On 21/12/07 , Unknown said...

Great cake, I'm impressed. Fondant is not an easy animal to work with.

And your son . . . aaaahhhhhhhh.

 
On 22/12/07 , Anonymous said...

A great looking cake. I am impressed. I have not ventured into working with fondant.

Your Daniel stories are very sweet. I love when they come up with things like that. I only wish I were blogging back when my kids said sweet things so I would have them recorded. I love the his great expectations, his desire to live life on the edge, and the heavenly innocence he displays.

 
On 23/12/07 , painted maypole said...

"heavenly ever after"

fantastic.


Merry Christmas!

 
On 24/12/07 , Syar said...

Cute. :D

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and your family.

 
On 24/12/07 , Ian said...

I love the thought of Dangerbread. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Ian

 
On 24/12/07 , Unknown said...

Heavenly Ever After sounds like a great book title--or movie title. Go for it, Daniel. Help your mom write it :-)

 
On 3/1/08 , Anonymous said...

Please let me know when you finish creating the recipe for dangerbread cookies. I will want some I am sure.